Certified Orthotist (“CO”)
The Certified Orthotist (“CO”) will report to the President. This CO position will be one of Customer Relations and educator. This includes being on the manufacturing floor and learning the process for making spinal orthosis, along with understanding advanced methodologies in brace design and blueprinting for various scoliosis orthoses. In addition, this individual will help market our products by making presentations about the braces we offer at educational seminars and fairs as well as be part of an outward facing team presenting at tradeshows.
West Yarmouth, MA
Spinal Technology, Inc. is a leader in central fabrication for custom Spinal Orthoses for patients requiring stabilization, immobilization and correction of the spine. Our staff consists of American Board Certified Orthotists / Prosthetists and highly skilled & experienced technicians. Together we’re focused on providing Orthotists and their patients with highly effective spinal orthoses that contribute to positive outcomes and quality of life.
At Spinal Technology, we provide custom fabrication services to practitioners across the United States and Europe. With two facilities located in the United States – Cape Cod, Massachusetts and Louisville – Kentucky, Spinal Technology is positioned to service practitioners with unparalleled customer service that includes delivery of our LSO & TLSO products within 24 hours and, in some cases, same day delivery.
Spinal Technology is the exclusive manufacturer of the Providence Nocturnal Scoliosis® System, a nighttime bracing system designed to prevent the progression of adolescent idiopathic scoliosis and the patented Flex Foam® Body Brace design spinal orthosis. In addition, Spinal Technology fabricates a myriad of other custom designed orthoses to meet patient specifications.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITIES
The CO will be responsible for:
• Supporting the President in enhancing, developing and reinforcing policies and procedures related to the overall process flow from Customer Service to Blueprinting to Mold Room or CAD
• Contributing to the marketing strategy and business development to best position the company for profitable growth
• Making presentations about the braces we offer at educational seminars and fairs
• Attending tradeshows to interact with customers and promote the advantages of our products as well as the different tools we offer to aid in the accuracy of measuring for custom braces
• Training and development of staff as it relates to reading x-rays and understanding spinal orthosis
• Leading, communicating and managing relationships to further develop educational presentations
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
The CO will have:
• 10+ years’ progressive experience as an Orthotist
• A strong understanding and experience in adolescent idiopathic scoliosis bracing
• Experience with clinical evaluation of patients
• An American Board of Certification (ABC)
• Experience dealing with scoliosis and spinal orthosis
• At minimum, a basic understanding of x-ray evaluation and the design of scoliosis orthoses
• Proven track record of success facilitating progressive organizational change and development within an organization
• The demonstrated ability to lead change creatively from a business perspective
• Experience with Microsoft Office and ERP/CRM systems
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
PERSONAL & LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES
The Production Manager will possess:
• Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity, a team player in every respect
• Excellent interpersonal, one on one, group, customer, and outward-facing communication skills
• An open, friendly, and honest personal style that commands respect while fostering dialogue
• A bias for action with a high energy level
• Proactive and highly effective, clear communicator with all constituencies and at an interpersonal level
Bachelor’s Degree required
Salary commensurate with experience. Competitive compensation package including Vacation, Sick, and paid holidays. Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident Plans, Hospital/Cancer/Critical Illness Plans, Car Insurance Discounts, and Traditional and Roth 401(k) plans and Company paid Life Insurance, Long Term Disability and Accidental Death and Dismemberment.
If you’re looking for a new challenge, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please e-mail a a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
or visit our Human Resources Department at 191 Mid Tech Drive West Yarmouth, MA 02673 to complete an application.